Thursday, July 31, 2008

Great Day

Rode 70 miles today. Made it to Geneva, NY and am staying at the Hampton Inn. Nice place. They gave me a reduced rate; $99. I actually enjoyed the ride today. Had a bit of a tailwind (thank you God!) and made good time. The terrain is hilly, but not as bad as Kansas. My butt hurt but wasn't killing me.

After dinner I took a walk in town and found a bike shop. I bought a new saddle, but am taking the old one with me just in case. Larry, if you're reading this it's your fault! It's a B-17 saddle. $75, but they tuned the bike too.

I'm going to go rehydrate my body now. There's a business across the street that specializes in that line of work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Doug
East coast getting closer every day! Keep cycling your way with positive thoughts and
Keep blisters away of your bike saddle……. …
I have a nice day at work – terminal ill old lady on a wheelchair told me” you look nice today , you to young to be sad ; all you need to be happy is love somebody , found something to do and have a fate. .
I think she is right – Hung in there Doug -

Mary said...

I was having a late lunch at the Burger King in Canandaigua when you stopped there and had a conversation with an older couple about your ride across the country to promote awareness about Parkinson's. I thought it was quite a coincidence to see you there and hear about your personal challenge to ride coast to coast while you can because there was an article in our local paper on Wednesday about a Parkinson's support group that had formed here for those with the disease and those who are their caregivers.

Good luck on your adventure and I'll check back to see your progress.

Mary