Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Always ask a local.........

about your route! I'm stopped for the day. I feel bad about stopping so early but........I've been riding up and down some monstrous hills, and I mean monstrous. I rode up the worst hill that I've ever been up.....I put my bike in 1st gear and had to stand up! I got to a town called Varysburg today and stopped in Durfee's diner (great soup & pies!). Barb is the owner there and I was talking to her about my route on Rte. 20A and about going to Warsaw. She warned me about the hills on Rte. 20A and offered to drive me up the hill after she got off of work! I didn't take her up on it so she remapped my route using Rte. 20 instead. Barb also called the Attican hotel in Attica, NY and booked me a room there. Then, on top of it, she bought me lunch.....very nice lady!

When I got to the Attican, I met an Indian woman named Kavita. She had a very gracious personality and said she was expecting me. I couldn't decide whether to go on a little more or just stay the night here. Kavita said to go up to my room and make myself comfortable.....she said I was their guest. I came down after taking a shower and told Kavita I would like to check in, that I've decided to stay the night. She said that I wasn't checking in......She meant I was their guest and the room was free! The room turned out to be very nice and clean and had a nice view.....very pleasant people at the Attican!

No comments: